Step 1 Object configuration
- Navigate to DC Setup in the Duplicate Check App.
- Navigate to Contacts. Now navigate to Scenarios tab.
- Click 'Add New Scenario' and enter a name for the new Scenario, like "Contact Email".
- Set the Threshold number at 100, because we are looking for exact matches on Email Addresses. Only records that will match 100%, based on email address, will be shown in the Job results list.
- Leave the 'Empty fields' value at 'Disregard'. Since we're using a scenario with only one field, this setting becomes irrelevant. Learn more about empty fields.
- At 'Apply to' choose 'DC Job'. The scenario will now be applied to the DC Job page, enabling it to be used in a Duplicate Check Job.
- At scenario field configuration pick 'Email'. At matching Method, choose 'Email Address'. This will match email addresses, matching the addressee part differently than the domain name part. This is how your *Object* configuration should look so far:
Step 2 Start a DC Job with the newly created 'Contact Email' scenario.
- Navigate to DC Job page
- Click the 'Add New Job' button and select 'Contact' at 'Select Object'. At 'Match With' choose 'Contact' again.
- At 'Scenario' pick the newly created 'Contact Email'. Make sure to deselect 'Contact Default' Scenario.
- The Job will now start and appear in the DC Job Overview. Learn more about Matching Methods.